Should You Learn to Create INFOGRAPHICS?
Ever heard of infographics? If you are a regular web user chances are you must have. The term has been growing quite dramatically in popularity in the virtual world. If your principal place of business is the internet, this then prompts the question on whether you should jump into it as well.
Infographics, by Wikipedia definition, are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. If you think about it, infographics have actually been around for many years. Its rising popularity can largely be attributed to the proliferation of online tools that are easy to use and are quite accessible to a growing segment of the population. Furthermore, social media sites like Facebook and Twitter have provided platforms for this type of graphics to be circulated worldwide.
What makes infographics appealing and why use it?
- Visual Learning is comparatively high among humans. Studies have shown that data coming from visual stimuli are the ones that are most likely to be stored in the brain.
- Visual data is more attractive, and this innate appeal promotes more sharing on social media. It is easier for an infographic these days to go viral versus an ordinary text.
- Creative infographics add value to a brand. One can easily place their business logo at the footer part of the graphic.
- Compelling infographics that provide interesting information gets promoted more and in return drives more traffic to a site. This brings SEO benefits to the website.
- Google Analytics has showed an increase in searches for the keyword “infographics”.
For a more “graphical” representation, here are 3 examples from the many infographics that I have found to be quite interesting:
*Source of Images: http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design-tips/information-graphics-1232836
There are of course more factors to consider in mastering this art of visual experience, i.e. visualizing the message, tools to use, where to post and more; these we can explore in future posts. Generally speaking creating infographics is another great opportunity to convey your message, generate interest and traffic and build your reputation as an expert in your field.